Red is the powerful demonic cat with his magical powers as the bumbling sorcerer in the Underworld He's planned to rule the world by helping with Carface, to steal Gabriel's Horn from Heaven, he failed to trick Charlie to trade the Horn for a new collar, imprison the angelic dogs in the Alcatraz Island with swirling pool, and grow intro the gigantic demonic cat-form. Charlie played with the horn to easily free the dogs. Red is defected, made to look dreadfully silly, and returns to Hell
Compared to Carface (who is money-hungry), Red is manipulative, power-hungry, arrogant, merciless, and psychopathic. He seems to be motivated by little else than his own desires to be as wicked as possible. Like all demonic entities, he prides pure evil, being evil and doesn't approve of any "entry level wickedness". In addition to being a malevolent and hellish feline, he also has the many characteristics of a cat, he eats rodents, he hates water (proven near the end of the film during the battle between him and Charlie), he thinks very low of dogs in general (especially his sidekick Carface), and he wants full control over them which plays a keen role in his goal to obtain the horn.
He is also very deceiving and persuasive, which is shown by repeatedly disguising himself as an elderly dog to manipulate his victims, and he is also very hotheaded, passionate, melodramatic, and sensational, acting hostile in a big way whenever his patience is tried such as when Red snapped at Carface over wanting to make money with the horn, but power seems to excite Red as well proven when Red gets Gabriel's horn, he takes no notice of anything going on around him and when Carface says that Charlie and his friends are getting away Red merely says "Let them".
He's filled with hatred for the Angeles cat family, who keep the magical Gabriel's Horn from prevent to taking over the world and defeated him from New Orleans, Louisiana. He's main archenemy of Gabriel and Beverly, Edward and Elisabeth, and Charlie and Itchy for standing in his way,
Red is a tall, demonic red cat, with red fur (hence his name), yellow eyes, long maroon fingernails, and wears a blue robe. In his dog disguise, he looks like a St. Bernard, and wears a red robe, scarf, fez, and a pair of slippers. As a monster, he is gigantic, muscular, and has glowing red eyes.
All Dogs Go To Heaven 2Edit
Red is a powerful demon from hell who recruited Carface in his plan to use the magical Horn Of Gabriel to pull all the dogs from Heaven into Hell. To this end, he tricked Carface's old nemesis Charlie into aiding him via creating magical collars and forcing him into a deal, under the disguise of an aged dog.
This climaxed in the demon managing to actually get the horn and he began to imprison the inhabitants of Heaven (including Annabelle) and growing into a dangerous monster of seemingly apocalyptic proportions, causing the sea itself to start to rise around the island in a massive whirlpool.
However, Charlie and his friends decide to fight back, resulting in a battle that ended with Charlie blowing the horn, reversing the evil spell. Red (who had already been weakened by the battle) was ultimately sucked back into Hell. Before vanishing, however, Red drags Carface down, as this was part of their deal.
- He was voiced by the legendary actor, George Hearn.
- Red's pupils disappear occasionally during the film.
- In his disguise, Red is one of only two animal characters in the All Dogs Go to Heaven franchise to wear shoes. All the other animals are barefoot, with Chief in the TV series' episode "Charlie's Angle" as an exception.
- His red demon-like form is based off of Jafar's red genie form.
- Though standing in as the All Dogs' satanic equivalent, Red isn't exactly Satan himself, as "his boss" is loosely referenced after his defeat, implying he may be a pet or otherwise a servant.
- He is the only All Dogs Go to Heaven villain to have a stereotypical villain personality. The other villains, Carface and Belladonna act either for revenge or their own personal gain. This makes Red the franchise's most dangerous villain as well.
- Red's design appears to be similar to the Hellhound's design from the first All Dogs Go to Heaven film.
- At one point in the film, Red teases Carface with a straight razor, possibly a reference to Sweeney Todd, who George Hearn played on stage and television.
- Red bares a strong resemblance to Scar from Disney's The Lion King franchise.In disguise Red is the only All Dogs Go to Heaven character to wear shoes. The other characters go barefoot.
- His red demon-like form is based on Jafar's red genie form.
- Red is very similar to Jafar.
- Both have magic powers, both disguise themselves as elderly characters as Jafar disguises himself as an old man and Red disguises himself as an elderly dog in order to trick the protagonist.
- Both have greedy henchmen (Jafar, Abis Mal and Red, Carface who said that when they got the Horn of Gabriel they could open any casino or bank safe in the world)
- Both are hegemonic and megalomaniacs and in the climax both turn into giant monsters (Jafar, a giant cobra, and a giant red genie, and Red, a demonic cat-like form. Both have been taken by 2 countries voice actor (German: Joachim Kemmer and Finnish Jarkko Rantanen).
- Instead he has similarities with Jafar, also he has similarities with Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. At their first scene, they didn't seem to be evil, yet they tricked main protagonist (Charlie and Belle).
- Both have baritone voices.
- Both have foolish sidekicks (Carface and LeFou).
- Both have two songs include reprise (Red: It feels so good to be bad and Gaston: Gaston) When they sang their own music, before ending, they danced with their sidekick.
- Both fought the heroes in somewhere high.
- He has similarities with Hopper from A Bug's life
- Both are bully, cruel, cunning, get angry, cold-hearted, manipulative, and vengeful
- Both bullied the child (David and Dot)
- Both want to rule for which animals they despise (Red: dogs Hopper: ants)
- Both have foolish sidekick (Carface and Molt)
- Both tried to kill main protagonist (Charlie and Flik)
- Both fought in somewhere high during bad weather
- Both have been dubbed by Japanese actor, Haruhiko Jō
- Between of all Don Bluth Villains, he has many similar voices of actors of Drake with 3 countries.
- Finnish: Jarkko Rantanen
- Japanese: Haruhiko Jō
- Polish: Krzysztof Czesław Kołbasiuk